Neurodegeneration and pediatric anesthesia: the case is still open
2. Hua FZ, Ying J, Zhang J, et al. Naringenin pre-treatment inhibits neuroapoptosis and ameliorates cognitive impairment in rats exposed to isoflurane anesthesia by regulating the PI3/Akt/PTEN signalling pathway and suppressing NF-kappaB-mediated inflammation. Int J Mol Med 2016; 38:1271-1280.
3. Creeley CE, Dikranian KT, Dissen GA, et al. Isoflurane-induced apoptosis of neurons and oligodendrocytes in the fetal rhesus macaque brain. Anesthesiology 2014; 120:626-638.
4. Slikker W, Zou X, Hotchkiss CE, et al. Ketamine-induced neuronal cell death in the perinatal rhesus monkey. Toxicol Sci 2007; 98: 145-158.
5. Davidson AJ, Disma N, de Graaff JC, et al. Neurodevelopmental outcome at 2 years of age after general anaesthesia and awake-regional anaesthesia in infancy (GAS): an international multicentre, randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2016; 387:239-250.
6. Diaz LK, GaynorJW, Koh SJ, et al. Increasing cumulative exposure to volatile anesthetic agents is associated with poorer neurodeve-lopmental outcomes in children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2016; 152:482-489.