Rescue transesophageal echocardiography: Approach and future
2. Hilberath JN, Burrage PS, Shernan SK, Varelmann DJ, Wilusz K, Fox JA, et al. Rescue transoesophageal echocardiography for refractor haemodynamic instability during transvenous lead extraction. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014;15:926-32.
3. Shillcutt SK, Markin NW, Montzingo CR, Brakke TR. Use of rapid 'rescue' perioperative echocardiography to improve outcomes after hemodynamic instability in noncardiac surgical patients. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2012;26:362-70.
4. Rosenberger P, Shernan SK, Body SC, Eltzschig HK. Utility of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography for diagnosis of pulmonary embolism. Anesth Analg. 2004;99:12-6.
5. Porter T, Shillcutt SK, Adams MS, Desjardins G, Glas KE, Olson JJ, et al. Guidelines for the us of echocardiography as a monitor for therapeutic intervention in adults: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2015;28:40-56.
6. Memtsoudis SG, Rosenberger P, Loffler M, Eltzschig HK, Mizuguchi A, Shernan SK, et al. The usefulness of transesophageal echocardiography during intraoperative cardiac arrest in noncardiac surgery. Anesth Analg. 2006;102:1653-7.
7. Van der Wouw PA, Koster RW, Delemarre BJ, de Vos R, Lampe-Schoenmaecker AJ, Lie KL, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of transesophageal echocardiograph during cardiopulmonary resuscitation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997;30:780-3.
8. Hahn RT, Abraham T, Adams MS, Bruce CJ, Glas KE, Lang RM, et al. Guidelines for performing a comprehensive transesophageal echocardiographic examination: recommendations from the American Society of Echocardiography and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2013;26:921-64.
9. Schulmeyer C, Farías J, Rajdl E, de La Maza J, Labbé M. Utility of transesophageal echocardiography during severe hypotension in non-cardiac surgery. Rev Bras Anestesiol. 2010;60:513-21.
10. Wax DB, Torres A, Scher C, Leibowitz AB. Transesophageal echocardiography utilization in high-volume liver transplant centers in the United States. J Cardiothor Vasc Anesth. 2008;22:811-3.
11. MaytalR, Hess PE, Asopa A, Zhoa X, Panzica PJ, Mahmood F, et al. Monitoring the variation in myocardial function with the Doppler-derived myocardial performance index during aortic cross-clamp. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2012;26:205-8.
12. Meierhenrich R, Gauss A, Anhaeupl T, Schutz W. Analysis of diastolic function in patients undergoing aortic aneurysm repair and impact on hemodynamic response to aorticcross-clamping. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2005;19:165-72.
13. Thys DM, Abel MD, Brooker RF, Cahalan MK, Connis RT, Duke PG, et al. Practice guidelines for perioperative transesophageal echocardiography: an updated report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists task force on transesophageal echocardiography. Anesthesiology. 2010;112:1084-96.
14. Rojas-Gómez MF, Bonilla AJ. Ultrasonido perioperatorio: el reto de aplicar una vieja tecnología en nuevos escenarios clínicos. Rev Colomb Anestesiol. 2016;44:267-9.