Safe use of dipyrone
2. Hersh E, Moore P, Ross G. Over-the-counter analgesics and antipyretics: a critical assessment. Clin Ther 2000;22:500-548.
3. Whelton A. Renal effects of over-the-counter analgesics. J Clin Pharmacol 1995;35:454-463.
4. Bjarnason I. Gastrointestinal safety of NSAIDs and over-the-counter analgesics. Int J Clin Pract Suppl 2013;67:37-42.
5. Chan AT, Manson JE, Albert CM, et al. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, acetaminophen, and the risk of cardiovascular events. Circulation 2006;113:1578-1587.
6. Rodríguez LG, Jick H. Risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding and perforation associated with individual non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Lancet 1994;343:769-772.
7. Benseñor IM. Dipyrone and blood dyscrasia revisited: “non-evidence based medicine”. Sao Paulo Med J 2005;123:99-100.
8. Hamerschlak N, Maluf E, Biasi Cavalcanti A, et al. Incidence and risk factors for agranulocytosis in Latin American countries-the Latin Study: a multicenter study. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2008;64:921-929.
9. Hedenmalm K, Spigset O. Agranulocytosis and other blood dyscrasias associated with dipyrone (metamizole). Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2002;58:265-274.
10. Chaparro LE, Lezcano W, Álvarez HD, et al. Analgesic effectiveness of dipyrone (metamizol) for postoperative pain after herniorrhaphy: a randomized, double-blind, dose-response study. Pain Pract 2012;12:142-147.
11. Edwards JE, Meseguer F, Faura C, et al. Single dose dipyrone for acute renal colic pain. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2002;4:CD003867.
12. De Souza Carvalho D, Barea LM, Kowacs PA, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of combined dipyrone, isometheptene and caffeine in the treatment of mild-to-moderate primary headache episodes. Expert Rev Neurother 2012;12:159-167.
13. Bigal ME, Bordini CA, Tepper SJ, et al. Intravenous dipyrone in the acute treatment of migraine without aura and migraine with aura: a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled study. Headache 2002;42:862-871. 14. [No authors listed] Risks of agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia. A first report of their relation to drug use with special reference to analgesics. The International Agranulocytosis and Aplastic Anemia Study. JAMA 1986;256:1749-1757.
14. [No authors listed] Risks of agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia. A first report of their relation to drug use with special reference to analgesics. The International Agranulocytosis and Aplastic Anemia Study. JAMA 1986;256:1749-1757.
15. Habib AS, Gan TJ. Food and drug administration blackbox warning on the perioperative use of droperidol: a review of the cases. Anesth Analg 2003;96:1377-1379.
16. Hargis JB, La Russa VF, Redmond J, et al. Agranulocytosis associated with “mexican aspirin” (dipyrone): evidence for an autoimmune mechanism affecting multipotential hematopoietic progenitors. Am J Hematol 1989;31:213-215.
The Sociedad Colombiana de Anestesiología y Reanimación (S.C.A.R.E.) is the owner of all copyrights to any articles published in the journal. Published manuscripts become the permanent property of S.C.A.R.E. and may not be published elsewhere without written permission. S.C.A.R.E. keeps the right to use these manuscripts in any form, including print, video, audio and digital.
Creative Commons License
Open-access articles can be read, downloaded and shared on a free basis upon publication. The Journal publishes all articles under the CCBY- NC-ND license. Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs: CC BY- NC-ND. Of the six main licenses, this is the most restrictive because it only allows others to download and share articles as long as they give credit to the author, but they cannot in any way change the paper or use it commercially.