Simulation in health care
2. Michaels RK, Makary MA, Dahab Y. Achieving the National Quality Forum's "Never Events": prevention of wrong site, wrong procedure, and wrong patient operations. Ann Surg. 2007;245:526-32.
3. Gaba DH. The future vision of simulation in health care. Qual Saf Health Care. 2004;13:2-10.
4. Weir W. "Mrs. Chase" is a Medical Marvel. Hartford Courant Website [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 26]. Available from: http://goo.gl/Tv2v9Q.
5. Herrmann E. Remembering Mrs. Chase: before there were smart hospitals and sim-men, there was "Mrs.Chase". Imprint. 2007;55:52-5.
6. Gaba DM. A brief history of a mannequin-based simulation and application. Simul Crit Care Beyond. 2004:7-14.
7. Aebersold M. The history of simulation and its impact on the future. AACN Adv Crit Care. 2016;27:56-61.
8. Wright AS, Kim S, Pellegrini C. ISIS: the institute for simulation and interprofessional studies at the University of Washington. J Surg Educ. 2011;68:94-6.
9. Wright A, Pellegrini CA. In: Scott RP, Van Diepen LR, Markert RJ, editors. Task Trainers and Haptics in SimLearn -excellence in veterans' healthcare simulation update: a review of simulation-based strategies for healthcare, education and training. Washington, DC: US Department of Veterans Affairs; 2010. p. 21-46 [Chapter 2]
10. Figueredo EJ, Sinanan MN, Makarewicz V, Kim S, Wright AS. Improving patient safety and reducing hospital costs: the University of Washington Central Venous Catheter Project. Med Sim. November 2012. Epub.
11. The WWAMI Institute for Simulation in Healthcare. [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 26]. Available from: http://wish.washington.edu/.
12. Curry JI. See one, practice on a simulator, do one" - the mantra of the modern surgeon. S Afr J Surg. 2011;49:4-6.
The Sociedad Colombiana de Anestesiología y Reanimación (S.C.A.R.E.) is the owner of all copyrights to any articles published in the journal. Published manuscripts become the permanent property of S.C.A.R.E. and may not be published elsewhere without written permission. S.C.A.R.E. keeps the right to use these manuscripts in any form, including print, video, audio and digital.
Creative Commons License
Open-access articles can be read, downloaded and shared on a free basis upon publication. The Journal publishes all articles under the CCBY- NC-ND license. Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs: CC BY- NC-ND. Of the six main licenses, this is the most restrictive because it only allows others to download and share articles as long as they give credit to the author, but they cannot in any way change the paper or use it commercially.